Image Map

post #9 - Aztec Secret {Product Review}

03 June 2013

Skin Secrets...shhh!

Hey friends! I hope your weeks are off to a great start!

I've been pretty blessed with skin that hasn't given me tons of problems. However, after developing an allergic reaction to my last mud mask, I've been looking for something new. I wanted something that didn't break the bank, but still got the job done.

I had almost settled on asking for GlamGlow's mud mask for my birthday. It was a little pricy, but a friend had suggested it and it got decent reviews. However, I decided to keep looking for a few more days and stumbled across Aztec Secret's Indian Healing Clay. 

Upon doing a little more research, I discovered that people who use this become hooked for life. Everyone seems to love it, and I read glowing review after glowing review. People said that it changed their skin, you could "feel it working" and that regular use keeps your skin looking almost flawless. It is supposed to be a little known beauty secret of people with beautiful skin everywhere. I had to try this miracle product...the next day.

Skin Secrets...shh!

 I know that both Vitamin Shop and Amazon carry this, but I was too impatient for Amazon, so I headed to Vitamin Shop. I went in knowing this stuff was cheap, but when I left the cash register after paying a whopping $8.55 for a giant container, I knew that if this product worked, I was sold.


I started by mixing about 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of dry clay. Next time, I will only use 1 tablespoon of each. The clay is a powdery consistency, but mixed together with the vinegar, it becomes like a normal mud mask. When you first combine the ingredients, it foams and fizzles. Use patience to get the clumps out, ladies - it's worth it in the end! I mixed in a soft plastic bowl, and they recommend that you do not mix this together in metal.


I applied the mask using a foundation brush that I rarely use. The label says that the mask causes tingling while drying. You can feel it pulling your skin tighter and rejuvenating. I completely agree with that statement - I could feel the mask pulling at my skin, especially my forehead and cheeks. I left the mask on for about 25 minutes. I used a warm (old) wet washcloth and removed the mask, although it was already peeling off in pieces.

(hey guys!)

I can truly say that my face feels so much smoother after using this mask! First, it helped in evening out skin tone. Although my face stayed red for about 30 minutes after removing the mask, it bounced back to be much more vibrant than it was to start out with. My pores are noticeably smaller. Above all, my skin feels tight and clean. I wasn't having any problems with acne, but many other reviewers said it worked wonders for them. I know that Aztec Secret has gained one new customer today!

If any of you are in the market for a new skin care product that you can try on a budget, give this a shot. I'd love to hear about your experiences with it!

MBC

2 comments: