Image Map

post #52 - Chicken Salad Chick Review

12 November 2013

Hello bloggy friends! Hope you all had a great weekend and many of you had a long weekend like I did! Most importantly - Happy belated Veteran's Day! Eternal thanks to my military friends (and spouses) for your service to our country. 

My weekend was actually extra long. I took Friday off work because I spent Thursday night through Sunday late afternoon in bed, feeling terrible! 

{i had approximately 15 cups of hot chocolate and 10 cups of tea and cider this weekend.}

I finally started feeling better on Sunday evening and felt good enough on Monday to do some early Christmas shopping! This is a little early for Christmas shopping, even for me. But, since I'll be spending most of the month of December halfway across the world on a work trip, I'm having to do my Christmas shopping a little earlier than normal. I convinced my husband to go to lunch and help me pick up some things for our family members. I may or may not have bribed him with Starbucks.
{first red cup of the season!}

We started the day by having lunch at Chicken Salad Chick. This restaurant is brand new in Lexington/Columbia on Sunset Boulevard in the same shopping area as Target. After reading my friend Laura's post about the new Greenville location, I couldn't wait until Chicken Salad Chick opened just a few miles from my house. 


After trying a few samples, I decided on a scoop of the Sassy Scotty and a cup of their soup of the day - Loaded Baked Potato. Basically the same ingredients in a soup and chicken salad.

{sassy scotty - a zesty blend of ranch, bacon, & shredded cheddar cheese}

Jordan got the Original Chick - a sandwich or scoop, one side, pickle, and cookie. He decided on a Kickin Kay Lynne sandwich and pasta salad. His chicken salad was delicious - I can vouch! It was basically the same as mine with buffalo sauce & jalapenos. He said the pasta salad was pretty standard, but I didn't try it. And the cookie? Gooey and tasty.

{kickin kay lynne - combination of buffalo sauce, ranch, shredded cheddar cheese, and jalapenos all in one!}

At first glance, I was a little disappointed with the quantity of food. But, it was very filling and ended up being the perfect amount. We both really enjoyed it and can't wait to go back. This is definitely a great addition to Lexington and judging by the busy Monday lunch, I think it will do well!

After that, we did some shopping and headed home. We knocked out about half our our Christmas list (between planning with siblings and actual purchases) so I feel pretty ahead of the game.

Did you have a long weekend? And, are you checking items off your Christmas buying list yet?

Xo! 
Morgan
Chicken Salad Chick on Urbanspoon

11 comments:

  1. I hope we get a Chicken Salad Chick in Charleston! I'm obsessed with chicken salad! Did you know starting tomorrow at Starbucks is buy one get one free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on starting your Christmas shopping so early!! I really need to get my act together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lunch looks amazing! And I hope you feel better soon!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see that you gave CSC a shot! And I'm glad to hear that you and your hubby enjoyed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! I hope you're feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That restaurant looks great! What an interesting concept- I've never heard of anything like it! Wish we had it here- I'd be trying it for sure :) Glad to hear you're feeling better! That hot cocoa looks pretty delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you're feeling better!!! and that hot chocolate looks ridiculously awesome. you've definitely perfected its look!! ;)
    happy friday, babe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get started on the christmas shopping. I'm such a slacker.

    Love red cups from starbucks (peppermint mocha) been cutting back on it because my addiction got so bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chicken salad, so I would be interested to try this place if we ever got one here in Atlanta. I need to go Christmas shopping early this year. i always end up waiting until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the Chicken Salad Chicks place, but I don't think I would eat there that often. It's a little pricey for chicken salad; I'd rather make it at home. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete