Image Map

post #31 - F5: Orange Football Foods for Foodies

22 August 2013

Friday Five - Football Foods for Foodies! Bonus - they're orange!

Is anyone else so excited for two things today? 1) It's FRIDAY! and 2) Next week is the start of COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Even though the South Carolina Gamecocks have their home opener next Thursday in the city where I live, I don't know about y'all, but I am counting the seconds until I'm cheering on my Clemson Tigers next weekend! I can already taste the cold beer and feel the love of thousands of my best friends in a sea of orange. It's gonna be a rowdy, rowdy day. Bulldogs, woof.

One of the best (and worst) things about football season is loads and loads of food! I've been scouring Pinterest for tailgate recipes. This year, I'll have access to a kitchen before and during tailgates, which will make tailgating food so much easier!

Instead of writing about my favorite things this week, I thought it would be better to chat about what some of my favorite upcoming things are sure to be...these yummy football foods! I can't wait to try some of these fun orange appetizers...do you have any favorites that no tailgate is complete without?

1. Palmetto Cheese Pinwheels
I've had these before. And they were awesome. I ate about 6 or 20. I can't wait to try my hand at making them myself!

2. Pumpkin Poppers
Picturing these for a breakfast tailgate before a noon game. Paired with a mimosa or 3 perhaps?

3. Buffalo Chicken Bites
Buffalo Chicken Dip? In a pre-made bite? Sold.

4. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
The perfect little party popper.

5. Pumpkin Pie Dip
Ever since I saw Christina post this on Carolina Charm, I've been dying to make it. It screams fall, and is so festive! 

Want to stay updated? Don't forget to follow MM on Facebook, BlogLovin, and Instagram!

P.S. You didn't think I'd leave out the BEST orange tailgate essential, did you?

24 comments:

  1. Those pumpkin poppers need to happen! I am already drooling over them! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, the pumpkin poppers. you're my favorite person for sharing this recipe! thank you!!

    happy friday :)
    - Jess
    www.shesapaperpleaserblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these recipes look amazing. The pumpkin poppers especially! And anything with "buffalo" chicken in it is sure to be good, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about football, too! I think I'm learning to embrace my husband's obsession and try to have fun with it. These appetizers look amazing- definitely going to have to try them out this season :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin Poppers look delicious! Adding to my pintrest page for further reference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL of those look AH-mazingly delicious!!! I'm bookmarking this post for sure! :)
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok and now I'm starving! Ha! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm pumpkin poppers! Can we please tailgate for USC/Clemson game together!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just add a little "blue" cheese to those buffalo chicken bites and your got your orange and blue! :) Ha-corny joke, but I'm a gator fan, so excited for football season, Woop Woop! Found you from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this list! Secretly my fave part of fall is all of the fun football app's I get to make ;)

    xx
    Megan
    IG: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these look amazing! Thanks for sharing, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all look so good -- I especially want to try the pimento pinwheels and the mimosa of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boo Clemson! Ha I really don't care either way. My husband went to USC and is a die hard fan so according to him I am too! I've made that pumpkin pie dip for a tailgate before and it is so good! So easy too! And those palmetto cheese pinwheels are making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I am also going to voice my approval of those pumpkin poppers! Omnomnom And I'll just pretend these are all orange in support of my Virginia Tech Hokies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look yummy!! I kove buffalo anything! I have a link up every Monday for recipe idea! Would love for you to link up Monday!
    www.thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These looks delicious -- would love a taste of the buffalo chicken meatballs and the pumpkin pie dip. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm starving, love the pumpkin poppers.New GFC follower
    Hope you can visit my Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, yum!
    I told my husband this morning that I don't love football (I like it) but I like getting into it because I LOVE fall! These recipes are perfect for football games and autumn get togethers.
    Pumpkin Poppers sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh everything looks so tasty! would definitely make for a fun and delicious tailgate :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for following my blog! I was recently nominated for a blog award which I would like to pass to you. It's basically a few questions and random facts. Please check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Love LOVe the blog all of these recipes I must try !

    lovely blog follow me back at
    Rosuts.blogspot.com

    Thanks
    Monic

    ReplyDelete