Image Map

post #43 - F5: Banana Milkshakes, Black Bean Chicken Soup, The Blacklist, Renaming Posts, & The Little Things

11 October 2013

Happy Friday, y'all! So glad the weekend has {almost} arrived!! 5 things for this Friday...

Banana "Milkshakes"
No recipe or picture needed. All you need to do is peel a few bananas (I used 3), freeze them, and blend them with 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter and a can of low-fat coconut milk (I used Trader Joe's). This might be my new favorite treat, and it's not terribly unhealthy, right?

Black Bean Chicken Soup
Tuesday was really cold here in Columbia. That's not something you hear often, since Columbia, SC is quite possibly the hottest place on the planet. Or, at least in South Carolina. I was so excited to come home (after a day of getting shots, fainting at the doctor's office [a story for another day] and windy weather) to the smell of delicious soup cooking in the crock pot. I saw this recipe for chicken & black bean soup on my friend Paige's blog (check it out here) and decided to give it a try. The greek yogurt and avocado were the perfect toppings to this hearty, delicious soup. We added some extra chicken (because what are you supposed to do with that 3rd chicken breast when cooking for 2?) and the leftovers were just as tasty. Highly. recommend. Fall is officially here people.


The Blacklist
Have you seen this show? If not, set your DVR right now. Best new show of the season, without a doubt!! I won't give any spoilers, but for those of you who like intense shows (Scandal fans out there?) it's just what the doctor ordered for a new fall TV show. Oh, and Elizabeth Keen is a badass crazy character. (P.S. There is no good substitution for the word badass. I tried kind of.)

Renaming My Blog Posts
I usually put a good bit of thought into the content of my blog posts. But the title? That's the tricky part. I can never think of something creative. And there are only so many "Friday Five" titles I can use. Our Life in the Queen City titles her posts by Post #s. I am totally copycatting this idea. So, enjoy post #43 my friends! (Don't worry, you can still search by tag!)

The Little Things
This week, some little things have made me super happy. Things like getting a haircut (3 whole inches, wowie!) catching up with my old roommate over a (free!) wine tasting, wearing a sweater for the first time that i got on sale last spring, going to a nice-ish dinner at Cellar on Greene with my handsome hubby, having our next door neighbors show up at our door with an entire smoked chicken, etc. etc. Sometimes, I get so caught up in big things that I forget to appreciate all of the little things that are happening every day!

I love this quote.

We're headed to Clemson tomorrow morning for our 3:30 game against Boston College. Is it time for Florida State yet? I'm also still counting the minutes until I receive the first draft of my new blog design! Any day now. Any day.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow along on Facebook. BlogLovin. Instagram. GFC. Whatever keeps you reading!
Xo - Morgan

13 comments:

  1. My husband got me hooked on the Blacklist and I agree it is one of the best shows this season. And I love that quote too - I need to hang it somewhere that I will see it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks incredible! The avocado on top makes it! Sorry to hear you passed out at the doctors! You're lucky y'all had some cold weather this week. In Charleston the mornings are cool but by mid day we're up to 81. Those banana milkshakes sound yummy!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible with blog post titles too!! haha! Love the last part about appreciating the little things, its so true!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you on the linkup...and now a new follower yay! girl, you are speaking my language with those banana milkshakes (which do sound healthy!!!) and black bean chili. YUM!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! I've been trying to make more of a point to notice and appreciate the little things that happen and I've really noticed a change for the better in my attitude/happiness when I do this. Your banana milkshake sounds delish.. I think I'm going to give it a try! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I feel you with blog post titles. I was contemplating the number system too. Just may have to do that....at some point. I cannot wait to try that soup. Thx for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote - so beautiful. It's true, we shouldn't overlook the small things. Most times the smll things are more special than the big ones :) good reminder

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanted to start watching The Blacklist! I'll need to catch up--Scandal is my FAVORITE, so if this is half as good...

    Have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make banana "icecream" almost the same way. frozen bananas, little vanilla ,small amount of almond milk into the vitamix and BAM I can't believe its not icecream!
    tam@ spinstersnacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stuck three peeled bananas in my freezer and have you to thank for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quote has always been one of my favorites! :) And those recipes sound delicious - will definitely need to be giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those banana milkshakes sound so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That soup looks fantastic! And the milkshake sounds great...and definitely has some good healthy stuff in it so I say go for it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete