Image Map

post #41 - Revenge Wears Prada {Book Review}

01 October 2013

Book Review - Revenge Wears Prada

Happy Tuesday, my friends!!

Sunday I was riding back from Clemson in the car with my sister in law when I spotted a book I'd been hoping to read for a while. As a big fan of The Devil Wears Prada (lets be serious - book, movie - I love it all), I was excited when I heard that Revenge Wears Prada was going to be Lauren Weisberger's latest novel. Truthfully though, I'd forgotten about the book until I saw it sitting in her backseat. With a conversation about football taking place between her and my husband, I started reading.


For those of you who are familiar with The Devil Wears Prada, as I'm assuming most of my readers are, the famous Miranda Priestly is back in this book. Andy is also back and better than ever. As an added bonus, now you know to picture her as Anne Hathaway while you read. I loved Andy in the first book, and loved watching her character develop in this book. She's a girl that I feel like everyone can relate to in some sense. Weisberger also set things up perfectly for another book in this series (yay!). I was a little surprised (but not surprised) by the turn the last few chapters took, but all in all, another good pick.

Looking for an earth shattering read? Probably not the greatest choice. This is by no means an in depth book. But if you're looking for a good piece of chick lit for a quick and enjoyable read, I recommend this sequel! And who knows, maybe there will be another movie starring Meryl Streep? I wouldn't hate it.

Hope y'all had the BEST weekends and your weeks are off to a great start!

10 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read this book! Loved the first so I am sure I would love this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been planning to read this! Need to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard mixed reviews about this book too. I never read the first one but love the movie so I always wanted to read the sequel but never got around to. I'm sure I'll get to reading it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, I need a new book!
    Doing a giveaway, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't love this book at all...Andie didn't seem as empowered as I thought she would/should be....nevertheless I'm praying there is a movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea there was a sequel! I was just saying I needed a good book to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to read this, but saw some very bad reviews. Glad to know someone liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved watching the movie, but haven't read the books yet. But they are on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this book recently at Target, but want to read the first one before I read this.
    Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently heard about the sequel and can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing your review, I wonder if they will make another movie out of this one.

    ReplyDelete