Image Map

post #50 - Washington, DC Review

06 November 2013

50 Posts!! Is this a milestone? I think so!

As I mentioned in post #49, I spent Wednesday-Sunday of last week in Washington, DC. I hadn't been there in many years, and when I found out that I was going for work Wednesday-Friday, I decided to stay the weekend and hang out with my college roommate. We had such a great time!

Friday Night -
Went to an awesome tapas dinner, then drove around town.
{beautiful capital}

Saturday
Went for a walk through the awesome fall trees to Georgetown. We got coffee & a cupcake and chatted.
{best. pumpkin. ever.}

{cupcake deliciousness from baked & wired}

{coffee can be beautiful, what?}

Then, we headed back, got ready, and headed to Disco Brunch at Level One. We saw this man along the way - only in the city!


{yummy, cheesy hash brown casserole with chopped applewood bacon, sour cream, scallions, a whole bunch of cheese, and a fried egg on top. i also added guacamole.}

I had the bottomless mimosa (are you surprised?) and the "Gurl, It's a Brunch Bowl." Seriously, one of the yummiest breakfast items I've had in a long time! Our service was great and I had a fun time getting to know Polly's friends.

After that, we hopped around to a few fun places. We ended up going to a wine and cookie tasting called Cookies & Corks. Best idea ever, right?! By that point, we had been running around the city for most of the day. The tasting paired different wines with different cookies, and all were delicious!


All in all, we had a wonderful time! It was so much fun hanging out and catching up. Is it possible to still be recovering?

I'm definitely still catching up on sleep!

Check back tomorrow for my Five on Friday! Don't forget to follow along on Facebook, BlogLovin, GFC, etc! :-)

xo - Morgan
Level One on Urbanspoon

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun... I have only been to DC once and we made a quick trip to the Togo Embassy there so my hubby could get his passport and spent only a few hours and it poured... So would love to go back one of these days.. It was beautiful. Following you now on Bloglovin'
    Congratulations on your 50 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already follow you (stopping by from blog boost!), but saying hello! <3 Can I say that I love all the leopard happening in that last photo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute are y'all in your adorable leopard outfits?!?! love!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea of using Mr. Potato Head pieces to do a pumpkin!

    Congrats on 50 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies and corks sounds like my kind of restaurant! Love your leopard shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks like a really fun time! Love the pirate pumpkin!!! I'm a new blogger and found your page through the Southern Girl blogger page. Following you now! :)

    http://rachellightlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the leopard! I've never been to DC but it looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping over from Weekend Retreat. My family was in DC last weekend! We had a great time. The foliage was beautiful and I became obsessed with taking pictures of the Capitol Building and the Jefferson Memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up in DC! This post makes me miss home! It's beautiful at night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Wish I'd known you were going to be here. What tapas restaurant did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun!! I grew up right outside of DC & miss so many things about it!!

    ReplyDelete