Image Map

post #53. Working Woman's Wardrobe - Long Sleeved Dresses

15 November 2013

Happy Friday! I'm still sniffly and recovering, but thanks for all of your sweet messages about being sick last week!

 I hope you're as excited for the weekend as I am! This weekend, we have a few friends coming in town and *brace yourself* we are attending the South Carolina game! It's going to be difficult to wear garnet, but after a few cocktails I don't think I'll mind so much. 

I got a text from a friend recently that sparked this post. She asked if I'd seen any cute long sleeved dresses for work - her boss had several, but they were all designer. Or sweater dresses (quite possibly the most unflattering thing I could ever wear). For those of us just starting out in the real world, it can be tough to wear stylish and professional clothes to work every day without repeating too frequently. I find this especially true in the winter, considering the only thing I want to wear in the morning is leggings and wool sweaters. Not exactly workwear.

I scoured the internet to find this week's Friday Five - Five dresses, winter and work appropriate, under $150. 

Friday Five (Under 150)

1. Ann Taylor 3/4 Button Shift Dress - $149, currently 30% off {buy it here}
2. Ralph Lauren Suede Trim French Terry Dress - $129, on sale for $90 {buy it here}
3. Michael Kors Draped Wrap Effect Stretch Jersey Dress - $120 {buy it here}
4. Zara Dress with Front Seams - $60 {buy it here}
5. Nanette Lepore Rabat Two-Tone Ponte Dress - $249, on sale for $148 {buy it here}

Which dresses are your favorites?

Xo - Morgan

(P.S. In other exciting news, I think my blog design is finally almost ready! It took longer than I expected, but I'm so excited for the makeover! Get ready for a big reveal next week *crossing fingers*)

15 comments:

  1. Old navy actually has some cute dresses! I was really surprised when I walked it, but I got one and love it! Can't wait to see your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your new blog design ... can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing cute work clothes makes me wish I wore normal clothes and not scrubs to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over from Friday Fancies - Long sleeve dresses are super hard to find! I love the Emerald Michael Kors one!

    www.bluemountainbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, don't wear garnet!!!!! Don't give into that! Yuck! ;) Totally go and enjoy the game (and the cocktails)...as much as you can with South Carolina and Florida playing...oh...guess I should mention that I'm a Georgia fan!!! Seriously, though--have fun. :) (I won't hold the first game of the season against you...)
    Oh, and I like the Michael Kors dress. Can't wait to see your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous dresses! They're all SO pretty but I'm loving the color of #3! I really like long sleeved dresses to wear to work in the wintertime- they're just so comfortable and easy...especially if you can pull it off with a pair of tights and avoid a shaving day ;) Can't wait to see your blog design reveal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dress number 3! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the dresses in the lineup as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited to see the new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need some work wardrobe help! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love #3. Wrap dresses are always classy and pretty easy to accessorize with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always really impressed with the designer dresses at TJMaxx. Usually some Calvin Klein for $40 or less!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love #3 and I like #5 , neither would work on my body but I do like them.
    Dawn
    NC REP for SGBC
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Ann Taylor pick and I love dresses for work! Excited to see your new design! Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Michael Kors wrap dress. I actually used it as one of my looks for less in my Good Wife recap: http://detroitduchess.com/the-good-wife-the-bit-bucket-recap

    There is nothing more flattering than a wrap dress. I have a number of them for work and love them. You can also winterize your summer dresses with tights and a sweater or blazer.

    ReplyDelete