Image Map

post #12 - 116 Wine Bar {Restaurant Review}

12 June 2013

116 Wine Bar + Farmers Market

Happy Hump Day everyone! I'm a little late on my first post for the week - I've been a little more stressed about studying this week than I have been recently. I guess that time is coming! 

I took a break on Saturday morning to head to the Soda City Farmers Market and brunch with Jo. We got some great finds at the Farmer's Market this week - cucumbers, trout sausage, "Tuscany" goat cheese, and shrimp + pancetta ravioli. Oh, and a raspberry macaroon, for good measure. 

After walking around, we headed to 116 Wine Bar. (Wanna see the menu? Click here!) I seemed to be out of town or busy every time my girlfriends headed here for brunch over the past few years, so I was very excited to try it. (P.S. - they only serve brunch on Saturday!) This hole in the wall is known for using local ingredients to make delicious drinks and food.


My friends have raved about their Bloody Marys. I was a little worried that the Bloody Mary's Revenge would be too spicy, but it really had the perfect amount of spice!

(absolut peppar vodka, 116's extra hot bloody mary mix, made with spices, fresh horseradish, + a touch of guinness)

Jo got the Steak and Eggs.

(chili rubbed sirloin steak with two eggs and toast)

I went with the 3 Potato Hashbrowns + Eggs. The sweet potatoes were our favorite!

(blend of yukon gold, purple, and sweet potatoes with sauteed jalapenos, bell peppers, onions, and goat cheese, + scrambled eggs)

Later that night, as an early birthday celebration, we grilled steaks and baked potatoes. We topped our bacon wrapped filets with the Tuscany Goat Cheese from the farmers market. We had our baked potatoes with greek yogurt and bleu cheese. Yum!


I think I gained about 100 pounds, but it's safe to say that we ate well on Saturday! We will definitely be heading back to 116 sometime soon for brunch, or maybe for dinner and drinks. 

Here's to looking forward to getting my life back and trying more Columbia brunch spots!

MBC

116 Espresso and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Both of those places sound awesome! Where are they exactly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 116 Wine Bar is right beside Terra in West Columbia, right over the Gervais bridge! Soda City Farmers Market is on Main Street on Saturday mornings, on the block in front of the museum.

      Delete
  2. Listen chickadee, you are a no reply blogger, dis girl is tryna write chu back. But yes. Lots o shopping at Myrtle if we move. You coming down?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! Didn't realize that, thanks for letting me know! I think I fixed it. I've been to Myrtle too many times to count! We're not far away!

      Delete