Image Map

post #19 - F5: Seabrook Island, Black Orchid Candle, Toothpick Jeans, Drinks, & Coffee!

05 July 2013

Friday Favorites for July 5!

Happy July 5th everyone! I hope that you are all recovering from fun Independence Day celebrations and that this morning isn't too rough! I'll have to admit - this was my lamest 4th of July yet. After all, it's 7am and I'm up and at em. (WHAT.) But you can bet that I'll be celebrating double time next year! Favorites this week...

1. Seabrook Island, SC
Seabrook has a special place in my heart, as it's where Jo and I got engaged, over a year and a half ago. (wow!!) This weekend trip will be a little more low key than our engagement weekend, but I am super excited to go back and relive the memories. We'll be leaving when he gets off work today and I'll be taking some of Saturday off from studying (please keep your gasps to a minimum). This time, we get to celebrate his sister's birthday! To say I'm ready for sun, sand, and a drink in hand is an understatement!

(Milly's last trip to Seabrook!)

(Engagement! Can we do it again this year? When I can wear real, non-gym clothes?)

(Celebrations!)

2. Scentsational Black Orchid Natural Soy Candle
I picked one of these up at TJ Maxx last year, and it is my favorite candle EVER. I looked frequently and couldn't find another one anywhere. Not long ago, I was in Marshalls and the heavens opened - one was sitting on the shelf. This candle seriously smells divine and lasts forever! If you ever see this...buy it. I've been burning it nonstop this week and it's veryyyy yummy.


3. JCrew Toothpick Jeans
It's been a rainy summer. Lots of pants. Not so many shorts. Believe me when I say, over the years, I've tried a lot of jeans. Most of the designers you can think of. These jeans are probably my favorite pair that I have ever owned. They fit like a glove, and are soft and actually comfortable. These have been making appearances a little too often. Including once at least twice this week.
(dark wash. love. next i'll be hopefully getting a lighter wash, so I can actually wear them actuallyallthetime)

4. This drink of April's!
I saw this post on A. Liz Adventures and had to give it a try. My love for St. Germain has blossomed over the summer, and this drink hit the spot! I made a few small changes so I could work with what I had on hand, but this cocktail tasted like candy and put me right to sleep and was delicious!

1 part St. Germain
1.5 parts 99 Whipped Schnapps
2.5 parts club soda
Pinch of mint leaves
Lavender sprig


 5. COFFEE
I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. Like, a lot. Jo is a big coffee drinker, too. I've never been so glad that we decided to make a coffee bar at our new rental house! We have a small kitchen, so this was the perfect solution to keep all of our coffee supplies. I got a lot of Pinterest inspiration, and am so happy with how ours turned out. I still plan to decorate this and fine tune it more, but it's working for now. I can't wait until we purchase a house and can actually paint the wall behind it, but love the utility of this set up!

(we keep this in the office...right where it belongs.)

I got inspiration from some of these...

I also have some super super super exciting news this week. For the next few weeks, I'll be spending too much time studying. I've decided to take a break from blogging because 1) I don't have time, and 2) I'm not doing anything interesting enough for you to want to read anyway. But, I have asked a few of my most stylish, creative, and awesome friends to fill in for me. I'll be having two guest posts a week, running from mid July until the beginning of August. I can't wait to see what these ladies have to say and get some advice on decorating, products, and more! Is there anything you'd like to see blogged about? Leave a comment!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin, Blogger, and Facebook!

Have a wonderful weekend!
MBC

Love Thai Food? Check out my post about Basil in Columbia, SC here!


8 comments:

  1. saw you from the link up Great post. my husband and I love coffee too you've inspired me to make a coffee bar as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a coffee bar. And glad I wasn't the only one who got engaged in gym clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee bar idea! I might be borrowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the coffee bar is amazing...& I don't even drink coffee! I got engaged in my pjs ;) found you through the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coffee bar is so well done and your picture above it is BEAUTIFUL..Love your blog and while I'll miss your posts I'm excited about your guest bloggers as well :) Study hard, I know you'll do fantastic in these FINAL weeks!!! You are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!! I'm a friend of Darci's and just popped over from the 5 on Friday link up. I am DYING with jealousy over your fabulous coffee bar... how great is that?! And, I love a new candle... I'll have to keep my eye out for that one! Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping over from the Five on Friday link up :) Love your coffee bar!! And you're right about JCrew Toothpick jeans...they are the best, and hold up so so well. Happy belated fourth! :) Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete