Image Map

post #38: Weekend Review {Cafe Strudel}

16 September 2013

Weekend Review + Big News in MM Blogland!

Happy Monday pretties! Hope y'all had a relaxing and fun weekend. I sure did!

Friday night, Jo and I enjoyed a new experience together - Delhi Palace, an Indian buffet! The food was a little spicier than what I'm used to, but was really good and definitely something different. Once I got adjusted, I really enjoyed the meal.

Saturday we woke up and headed to Cafe Strudel for brunch. Cafe Strudel has the best outdoor porch for a weekend brunch. This was the first time we've dined outside, but it sure was perfect! The weather was to die for, and we had the best service. Several of the employees came out to fuss over Milly, which she always loves! Do you blame them?


I had the smoked salmon bagel on a sun-dried tomato bagel, which comes with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, and tomato. I omitted the onion. It was mmmm mmm good.

Jo had the Hangover Hashbrowns. Complete with cheese, tomatoes, banana peppers, onions, egg, and lots of potato goodness, this dish (usually my go-to) doesn't disappoint. 

After brunch, we went walking (and Milly swimming!) along the River Walk to work off our hearty food choices. I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon running errands and getting started on our fall wreath. Here's the first sneak preview...

{had so much fun dressing this baby up! post-stain}

We spent Saturday night eating cheese fondue and grilling. We watched silly movies, played trivia games, had some drinky drinks, and just goofed around. See Instagram for evidence. It was great to have a carefree date night.

My big news is that Makeshift Margaritas is getting a makeover! I have hated my blog template pretty much since I've started blogging. I want my readers to want to look at my blog, and if I don't want to look at it, I'm pretty sure y'all don't either. That being said, after reading all of your comments on Friday, I bit the bullet this weekend and really researched designers. I found Sophie and Rory on Etsy and was instantly sold. It was seriously a fraction of all the other designers I'd been considering, and her work was gorgeous. 

So, stay posted in the next few months for my new design! I can't wait to see what Laura has up her sleeve. If she figures out my "classic, but modern," "nothing busy, but really fun!," and equally puzzling hopes for this design, she will truly deserve an award. 

Now, time for another cup of coffee.

Xo - Morgan

Not following along yet? Use Facebook, Bloglovin, and Instagram to stay posted!
Cafe Strudel on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

  1. Your dog Milly is so cute! What kind of dog is she? Smoked salmon on a bagel is heaven! Your husbands meal looks awesome too! So cool about your blog makeover! I'm dying for one myself but it'll have to wait. I'll definitely check out Sophie and Rory though when I am looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new blog look! Also, your weekend sounds fantastic. I LOVE, love, LOVE your carefree date night you guys did on Saturday, such a perfect idea. Plus that brunch looks AMAZING. And yes I can totally see why everyone was fussing over Milly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the sneak peak of your fall wreath! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see how your makeover turns out!

    xo, sarah grace
    www.gracefullymadedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waffling between whether or not I want to take the plunge and have a template designed for me...can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! I love Indian food and eating brunch outdoors is always fun to do on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting a makeover too very soon and I am so excited. My current design is horrid! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm a new follower from the GFC hop. Can't wait for the blog makeover! I've been thinking about a blog revamp too, and the designers that you chose really has awesome designs. Good choice!

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete